Monday, February 1, 2010

The Story Behind the Song


Information taken from ChickenSoup.com :

The Exclusive Personal Stories behind 101 of Your Favorite Songs

Ever wondered what inspired your favorite songs? What was going on in the songwriter's life at the time? Who those lyrics were really about? Did he really write the song on a napkin? Many of music's most famous names reveal the stories behind their best-known songs. Many of these exclusive stories are told for the first time. Photos and lyrics are included too. You will never listen to these songs the same way again. A great gift for anyone who loves music, any age.

MY REVIEW
I love hearing the stories behind songs so I really enjoyed this book. I find it fascinating. The book is very easy to read and the chapters are all very short so you can pick it up and read it anytime.  I appreciated that they included the lyrics to each song in the chapter so even songs I was not familiar with I could enjoy reading about. There is also an extremely wide variety of musicians and styles represented so you are bound to be familiar with at least a few of the songs.

Thanks to the fine folks at Chicken Soup for the Soul for sending me a review copy of this book.

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

I reviewed this book a while back and really enjoyed it, too! There are some great stories in it.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011