Monday, February 1, 2010

Everyday Easy One-Pot

Information from the DK Canada website:

Everyday Easy: One Pot is a one-stop cooking resource for delicious stews, soups, chilis, etc. Six "recipe choosers" at the start of the book act as an instant reference for cooks in a hurry. A useful techniques section covers all the preparation methods you may need step-by-step. Icons with each recipe indicate serving proportions, prep. time, cooking time, and - where relevant - low fat, low GI, special equipment, and freezability. Other handy extras include: "Prepare Ahead" information and "Good With ..." tips.

MY REVIEW

This is a fabulous cookbook. I am not exactly a genius in the kitchen and one of my biggest problems is coming up with WHAT to cook in the first place. Everyday Easy One-Pot  is packed full of great ideas. I love the big, bright pictures - I always find it easier to choose a recipe when I can see it first. I really appreciated the "techniques" section at the beginning of the book. It gives incredibly clear directions for those of us who could use a little help!


One of my favourite features of this cookbook is that each recipe has the prep time and cooking time listed. I love that! It is such a help when trying to plan supper. I also really appreciated the "budget" section - there is just nothing wrong with saving a little money.


I have tried several of the recipes and found them very easy to follow.  This is an excellent cookbook for anyone!


Thanks so much to the fabulous folks at DK Canada for sending me a review copy of this book.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011