Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travel + Leisure's 100 Greatest Trips review


Description
-taken from the DK Canada website

With recommendations for outstanding hotels, restaurants, boutiques, galleries, museums, and tour operators, and more than 350 color images from T+L's award-winning photographers, Travel + Leisure's 100 Greatest Trips 2010 is a dazzling collection of journeys that will help you discover yourself and the world.

Inside you'll find culinary tours, shopping expeditions, scenic drives, beach escapes, art and culture, and outdoor adventures. You'll also find useful travel tips and mini guides to each destination with maps and recommendations for hotels, restaurants, boutiques, galleries, museums, and tour operators. 


 MY REVIEW


I loved traveling vicariously through this book! The pictures are just amazing. I found the book to be incredibly informative. There were trips all over the world, from well known destinations like Paris and Mexico to the more exotic Namibia and Tibet. Even my kids enjoyed looking at the pictures and telling me where we should go. 

I will say that the vast majority of suggested accommodations are waaayyy out of our price range but it is still very nice to dream. I appreciated that the pictures and descriptions seemed like they were done by people who had actually been there! 


If you've been bitten by the travel bug than I would definitely suggest getting yourself a copy of 100 Greatest Trips.


Thanks so much to DK Canada for sending me a review copy of this book.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011