Hungry For Life
by Dave Blundell
Hungry For Life has articulated a bold vision to see the world transformed by a global movement of compassion and justice evidenced by the eradication of needless suffering. However, this vision will only be realized when selfless values and resulting actions are lived out by an ever increasing number of God's people. The author presents a concise summary of physical poverty in the developing world and spiritual poverty in the developed world. Against the backdrop of these problems, he then paints a biblical picture of a compassionate community of faith, comparing the contemporary Western Church against what it was intended to look like. The final section includes the core value changes necessary for the Church to rediscover its place as a relevant force of love and compassion. This book is a prophetic call for followers of Christ, and specifically their leaders, to move away from religious institutionalism and move toward lives of simplicity and compassion.
About the Author:
Dave Blundell holds a Masters of Arts in International Non-Profit Leadership from Trinity Western University. He served as a pastor in a Christian & Missionary alliance church for six years and was ordained in 1998. Dave later served as the Director of Global Operations for Global Aid Network, leading relief and development projects in numerous countries around the world. In 2003 founded Hungry For Life International, where he works as the Executive Director of a growing staff and volunteers. Dave and his wife, Heidi, have two children: Caleb and Abby.
You can find Dave's blog HERE.
This book made me want to stand up and cheer and hang my head in shame all at the same time. Dave writes TRUTH with passion and a strong vision for the future. Hungry For Life is a message every person should hear. I found the book very easy to follow and understand but it is quite long and definitely not a "light" read. I think this book would make an excellent group study as well.
I am more than happy to recommend this book to every reader out there!
Would you like to win a brand new SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR copy of this fantastic book?
* just tell me you want to win!
For additional entries you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!
- Subscribe to Dave Blundell's blog In Dave's Words .
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Follow this blog on google friend connect
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (as many times as you like without annoying all your followers!) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of my main blog on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Networked blogs on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or another social networking site of your choosing
- email a couple friends about this giveaway
- stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway in any way on any site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in Canada & the USA. I will choose a winner on May 4, 2010.
Winner will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.
Don't forget to enter my other giveaways while you are here: