Eat the Cookie...Buy the Shoes
Giving Yourself Permission To Lighten Up
by Joyce Meyer
-information taken from www.faithwords.com
Engrained in our culture is the belief that unbending discipline is the only sure way to success. You must go to the gym five times a week, never order the dessert, and don't even think about buying that dress you keep staring at in the store window. Breaking from such a regimented lifestyle is a sign of weakness, right? Wrong!-and Joyce wants to tell us why...
Though setting rules in our lives are important, it's just as important that we break them from time-to-time. Structure is a powerful tool, but when diverging from your own goals is seen as catastrophic, it can have a hugely negative effect on us. Balance is a core value in life and every once in awhile we deserve to indulge in a guilty pleasure or two. So don't feel bad about straying from your goals every once-in-awhile and in fact, embrace it: eat the cookie and buy the shoes!
Joyce Meyer's new book Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoe promo:
I absolutely adore this book. I have read a whole bunch of Joyce Meyer's books and I think Eat the Cookie... Buy the Shoes is my favourite yet! It is written in Meyer's typical down-to-earth fashion which makes it easy to understand and relate to. There is a ton of practical advice and good sound biblical teaching too. There really is nothing bad to say about this book.
I would really encourage you all to read this one!
Would you like to win a brand new copy of this fantastic book?
* just tell me you want to win! I have FIVE copies to give away today!!
For additional entries you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Follow this blog on google friend connect
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (as many times as you like without annoying all your followers!) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of my main blog on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Networked blogs on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or another social networking site of your choosing
- email a couple friends about this giveaway
- stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway in any way on any site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in Canada & the USA. I will choose a winner on May 3, 2010.
Winner will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.
Don't forget to enter my other giveaways while you are here:
- Win a $150 WaySpa.com Gift Card HERE. (ends April 17, open to Canada/USA)
- Win $100 in Gift Cards HERE. (ends April 27, open to CANADA ONLY)
- Win What's In The Bible? DVD's by Phil Vischer HERE. (ends April 15, open to Canada/USA)
- Win a $25 box of surprise hair accessories HERE. (ends April 22, open WORLDWIDE)
- Win a $100 GC to Tea Collection (kid's clothes) HERE. (ends April 29, open to USA ONLY)
- Win a $75 GC to Novica HERE. (ends April 26, open to Canada/USA)
- Win Sworn to Protect by Diann Mills HERE. (ends April 24, open to Canada/USA)
- Win Admit One: My Life In Film by Emmett James HERE. (ends April 23, open to Canada/USA)
- Win a Circus Play Tent HERE. (ends April 22, open to Canada/USA)
- Win a 4-pack of aden + anais swaddles HERE. (ends May 1, open to Canada/USA)
- Win Mommy Power by Sheila Schuller Coleman HERE. (ends April 16, open to Canada/USA)
- Win Heart of My Heart Devotional HERE. (ends April 18, open to Canada/USA)
- Win God Never Blinks HERE. (ends April 19, open to Canada/USA)
- Win The Cook's Herb Garden HERE. (ends May 2, open to Canada ONLY)