Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Taste of Fame

A Taste of Fame: A Novel - Book #2 in The Potluck Catering Club series
by Linda Evans Shepherd and Eva Marie Everson

information taken from the Revell website

Is America ready to meet the Potluck Catering Club on reality TV?

The women of the Potluck Catering Club have a growing business. They even became the subject of a budding filmmaker's class project. Problem is, they didn't read the fine print when they signed off on his documentary. When he enters the club in the reality show The Great Party Showdown, the ladies of Summit View, Colorado, must head to the Big Apple for the unexpected adventure of their lives.

Between navigating New York City, dealing with cutthroat contestants, and trying to maintain their close friendship in the surreal world of reality TV, the Potluck women must keep their eyes on the prize--a cool million dollars--and work together if they're going to make it back home in one piece.

A Taste of Fame serves up the perfect blend of humor, misadventure, and mouthwatering recipes. Fans new and old will love this exciting trip into the wild world of competitive cooking!

Available September 2009 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Eva Marie Everson is an award-winning author, a successful speaker, and a popular radio personality. She is coauthor of The Potluck Club series and The Secret's in the Sauce. She lives in Florida.

Linda Evans Shepherd is an award-winning author, a successful speaker, and a radio personality. The president of Right to the Heart Ministries, she is also coauthor of the Potluck Club books and the Potluck Catering Club series.

Thanks so much to Revell for sending me a copy of this book to review.

MY REVIEW

Before this book I had never even heard of The Potluck Club but I decided to jump right in and read this one anyway. Although I was able to follow the story 100% I do feel like it would have been more meaningful if I had read the previous book in this series and even the Potluck Club novels before that. There was just a TON of back-story that I didn't know. However I did find this book enjoyable on its own and it made me want to read more from this series! Always a good sign :).

1 comment:

Thinking About Compassion said...

I have read the Potluck Club. It's a fairly light read, but still enjoyable! Have you tried the Yada Yada books before? I didn't think I would like that style, but it's pretty funny. I liked it better than the Potluck books.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011