Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Levi's Will

Information taken from the BethanyHouse website...

Winner of the 2006 Christy Award for Contemporary Fiction

Dusk. An Amish farm in Ohio. Will's father doesn't recognize him at first--it's been eight years--so he holds a match up to Will's face to see him better. "I thought you were dead," Levi Mullet says, then blows out the match and walks away.

This is not how it's supposed to be. Where's the fatted calf? The party?

For years, Will has worked to overcome the ban of his father and the Old Order Amish community. Only now, when the life of his own son hangs in the balance, does he begin to see the truth--that love is the proof of God, and forgiveness the proof of love.

Levi's Will is the mesmerizing story of an Amishman seeking to build a bridge across three generations.

W. Dale Cramer is a husband, father, jack-of-all-trades, and author of the highly acclaimed novels Sutter's Cross and Bad Ground as well as several published works of short fiction. He and his wife and two sons make their home in northern Georgia.

You can read an excerpt of Levi's Will HERE.

MY REVIEW

I'm not always enchanted by novels about the Amish but I really enjoyed Levi's Will. Cramer writes beautifully and I was drawn into the story right away. In the past I have found novels of this type to be rather slow-moving but there was a lovely rhythm to this book that kept me engaged. I liked the way it switched back and forth from present day to past. This was an all around good read and I would recommend it to Christian fiction lovers.


2 comments:

Linda said...

I've yet to find an Amish novel I haven't liked. This is a new author for me. Sounds good.

Carman said...

Hey!
I wanted to let you know that I pcked your blog for the kreativ blogger award! You can pick it up here:
http://continuousdelights.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award.html
Blessings,
Carman

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011