Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible


Description: (taken from the Kregel website)

“My aim is to help students, young Christians, and church members see how the Bible holds together,” explains Colin Sinclair. “I want to take them on a journey through the Bible showing how each part contributes distinctly to the whole. I want to excite them and encourage them to explore it themselves and provide them with the necessary tools.”

MY REVIEW

This is a great introductory overview of the books of the bible. It reads a little like a text book I had in my first year of Bible college. I think Sinclair does an excellent job of tying all the different parts of Scripture together. I have found knowing how things fit together in the Bible to be an excellent help in understanding my faith. The book is well written and laid out in a super easy format. Information is very easy to find and you definitely do not have to be in bible college to read this book.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011