Thursday, July 9, 2009

Essie in Progress

Description (from the Kregel Publications website):

The Wells family has reached a state of crisis. Essie is burning the candle at both ends as she tries to juggle her job, her motherly duties, and her impulsive husband, Jack. Meanwhile, Hamilton, the patriarch, has taken up residence in a dilapidated sailboat on Lake Lanier, trying to forget his past. The one thing that they all have in common is their search for significance. Told with a unique wit and a genuine Southern sensibility, Essie in Progress is a stirring story about realizing the life God has in store for you.

Marjorie Presten is a native Georgian who has her own fair share of experience juggling career and motherhood. She lives with her husband, Tom, and their three children.

MY REVIEW

I was entertained by Essie In Progress. I could totally relate to the main character and her struggles. I had no trouble imagining myself in her shoes :) The storyline kept my attention the from start to finish. There is a ton of humour as well as a great message in this book. Presten writes in a way that makes you feel like you are right there and I experienced some intense emotion while reading. This is a fabulous summer read and I would definitely recommend it!

1 comment:

Libby's Library said...

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be watching for this book in the stores!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011