Monday, January 17, 2011

Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker * review *



Immanuel's Veins

Jacketed Hardcover

This story is for everyone--but not everyone is for this story.

It is a dangerous tale of times past. A love story full of deep seduction. A story of terrible longing and bold sacrifice.
Then as now, evil begins its courtship cloaked in light. And the heart embraces what it should flee. Forgetting it once had a truer lover.
With a kiss, evil will ravage body, soul, and mind. Yet there remains hope, because the heart knows no bounds.
Love will prove greater than lust. Sacrifice will overcome seduction. And blood will flow.
Because the battle for the heart is always violently opposed. For those desperate to drink deep from this fountain of life, enter.
But remember, not everyone is for this story.
"A heart-wrenching journey of redemption and hope that left me sobbing, laughing, and clinging to every word."--Donna McChristian, 44, Environmental Chemist

Buy
Read


GUEST REVIEW BY MY MOM:

I absolutely loved this book! As always, Ted Dekker captured and held my attention in this tender and terrifying story in which a battle for the souls of men & women is won through the power of blood. A clear parallel is drawn to Christ's blood atonement for humanity's sins. This is at once a frightening look at the occult and a thought provoking reassurance of love's power. I couldn't put it down - a must read that will appeal to questioning minds from all walks of life.

Thanks so much to Thomas Nelson for sending me a review copy of this book.

1 comment:

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book. It's on my MUST have list, very soon! I have loved 99% of Dekker's stuff and this one has been highly anticipated at my house. LOVE LOVE LOVE his writing, and the dramatic parallels of Christ and Christian life brought into his stories. Thanks for the review. I'm even more excited now!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011