I love books.
I adore books.
I am a book hoarder.
This week the wonderful delivery guy dropped off 10 more books for me to review and as I was trying to put the books on my "to be reviewed" shelf I noticed that my book shelf is full.
I would be perfectly content to just purchase more bookshelves and slowly fill up every wall in my house but sadly my husband and children don't think that is the best plan.
So I need to make more space. Which means you are all in luck!
I have decided it is time for me to give a bunch of books away to you lovely people out there!
Exciting isn't it?
( ok, I realize not everyone gets as excited about books as me but feel free to leave me in my delusion)
And now for the books I am giving away...
1. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive
Every cloud has a silver lining. And the stories in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive will encourage readers to stay positive, because there is always a bright side. This book continues Chicken Soup for the Soul’s focus on inspiration and hope, reminding us that each day holds something to be thankful for.
2. Sworn to Protect by DiAnn Mills
Border Patrol Agent Danika Morales has sworn to protect the southern borders of our nation, but that oath has cost her. Two years ago, her husband, Toby, was killed trying to help the very immigrants Danika was responsible for sending back to Mexico. His murder was never solved. But now, a recent string of attacks and arrests leads her to believe that someone in McAllen is profiting from sneaking undocumented immigrants into the country . . . and it may somehow be tied to Toby’s death.
3. A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
When a dressmaker who values beauty tangles with a liveryman who condemns vanity, the sparks begin to fly!Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with Coventry, Texas's new dressmaker. He's all too familiar with her kind--shallow women more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet, except for her well-tailored clothing, this seamstress is not at all what he expected.
Hannah Richards is confounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?
When Hannah decides to help Jericho's sister catch a beau--leading to uproarious consequences for the whole town--will Jericho and Hannah find a way to bridge the gap between them?
4. Judgment Day by Wanda L. Dyson
About This Book
Sensational journalism has never been so deadly.
The weekly cable news show Judgment Day with Suzanne Kidwell promises to expose businessmen, religious leaders, and politicians for the lies they tell. Suzanne positions herself as a champion of ethics and morality with a backbone of steel—until a revelation of her shoddy investigation tactics and creative fact embellishing put her in hot water with her employers, putting her credibility in question and threatening her professional ambitions..
Bitter and angry, Suzanne returns home one day to find an entrepreneur she is investigating, John Edward Sterling, unconscious on her living room floor. Before the night is over, Sterling is dead, she has his blood on her hands, and the police are arresting her for murder. She needs help to prove her innocence, but her only hope, private investigator Marcus Crisp, is also her ex-fiancé–the man she betrayed in college.
Marcus and his partner Alexandria Fisher-Hawthorne reluctantly agree to take the case, but they won’t cut Suzanne any slack. Exposing her lack of ethics and the lives she’s destroyed in her fight for ratings does little to make them think Suzanne is innocent. But as Marcus digs into the mire of secrets surrounding her enemies, he unveils an alliance well-worth killing for. Now all he has to do is keep Suzanne and Alex alive long enough to prove it.
5. Starlighter by Bryan Davis
Dragons are enslaving humankind and a black egg signals the end of the world. Jason Masters must journey to another realm and join forces with a slave girl named Koren to rescue the captives and save two worlds from destruction. What if the Legends Are True? Jason Masters doubted the myths: people taken through a portal to another realm and enslaved by dragons. But when his brother is taken, he must uncover the truth and find the portal before it's too late. Once he's through the portal, he meets Koren, a slave in the dragons’ realm, who struggles to destroy a black egg prophesied to doom all mankind. Jason and Koren must work together to save their two worlds before the dragons learn that their secrets have been discovered. In Starlighter, bestselling author Bryan Davis masterfully weaves fantasy and inspiration into a captivating novel for young adults.
6. Love Will Keep Us Together by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
* Riley McGee is struggling to find her way through the confusion of senior year. She can't decide about college, advocate for her autistic brother, and deal with an ex-boyfriend all at the same time! Will her friends find a way to keep Riley from falling apart---and keep their friendships after graduation?
7. The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson
Cleveland, Ohio, 1928. Secrets bind the notorious Cardano family together, but Detective Rollin Wells is close to exposing the family’s dark secrets. The Cardanos are working in the hills south of Cleveland, and when Rollin travels to Sugarcreek to investigate, he discovers that the Cardanos want him dead.
Rollin hides out in an Amish home, trying to uncover why the Cardanos are in Amish country and who is collaborating with them. As he gets closer to the truth, he also attempts to find out what a beautiful Amish woman named Katie Lehman—a woman who reminds him of the girl he once loved—is hiding.
Will Katie trust him with her secret…and her heart? Or will the Cardano code of honor silence them both?
8. Texas Roads by Cathy Bryant
City gal Dani Davis just wants to find a place to call home. Miller's Creek, Texas, with its country charm and quirky citizens seems like the perfect place to start over. Perfect, that is, except for the cowboy who gives her a ride into town...
Dani secretly finances renovations to downtown Miller's Creek, but malicious rumors force her to choose between keeping her involvement a secret and the home for which she's always longed. Then the discovery of an age-old secret propel her down a road she never expected to travel.
Steve Miller is determined to save his dying hometown. When vandalism jeopardizes the Miller's Creek restoration project, he can't help but suspect Dani, whose strange behavior has become fodder for local gossips. Will Steve and Dani be able to call a truce for a higher cause, and in the process help Dani understand the true meaning of home?
9. A Tidbit Romance by Erin Coss
It’s like sitting on the front porch with God, having a chat over
Come, sit down, and relax as you enjoy A Tidbit Romance. This book of devotions is meant to meet you wherever you are in your walk with Christ. Written in a down-to-earth fashion, these tidbits will lift your spirit and allow you to fall in love with His word,
one devotion at a time.
10. Brilliant Disguises by William Thornton
Cameron Leon is the best man in his church, but he doesn’t believe a thing.
He assumes many guises but runs the risk of losing everything...except himself.
He lost that a long time ago.
Only One can give it back to him. And Cameron has been imitating Him all along...
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN ONE OF THESE GREAT BOOKS?
Just tell me which of the book(s) you would like to win.
For additional entries (not required!) you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!...
- Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar - you need to verify your subscription for it to count!)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (up to 5 times per day) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of Tara's View of the World on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Facebook Networked Blogs
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (you can do this once a day if you like) using the little facebook share button at the bottom of the post.
- blog this giveaway and leave me the link to your post
- email a few friends about this giveaway
- share, stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, mixx, kirtsy, buzz up or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway on any social networking site you like (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway on any contesting site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in Canada & the USA. I will choose 10 winners on Feb 15, 2011. Since I will be sending out the books myself it might take longer for you to get them- be patient!
Winners will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.