by Bryan Davis
In the first novel of a new four-book fantasy series for young adults by bestselling author Bryan Davis, human and dragon worlds collide when Jason Masters enters the dragon planet and meets Koren, a descendant of humans who were kidnapped and are now the dragons’ slaves.
What if the Legends Are True? Jason Masters doubted the myths that told of people taken through a portal to another realm and enslaved by dragons. But when he receives a cryptic message from his missing brother, he must uncover the truth and find the portal before it’s too late. At the same time, Koren, a slave in the dragons’ realm, discovers she has a gift that could either save or help doom her people. As Jason and Koren work to rescue the enslaved humans, a mystic prophecy surrounding a black egg may make all their efforts futile. In Starlighter, bestselling author Bryan Davis masterfully weaves fantasy and inspiration into a captivating novel for young adults.
Bryan Davis is the author of the bestselling fantasy series Dragons in Our Midst, Oracles of Fire and Echoes from the Edge. He and his wife, Susie, have seven children and live in western Tennessee where he continues to cook up his imaginative blend of fantasy and inspiration.
Even though Starlighter is Teen Fiction I enjoyed it. I found the storyline intriguing and unique and I liked the main characters a lot. I found it to be a very easy read but I did talk to a 13 year old friend of mine who had read it and she said she found all the characters confusing and couldn't remember all their names very well. Perhaps it would be more suited to a slightly older group of teens.
I think that both boys and girls would enjoy this book- especially teens who enjoy the fantasy genre. Personally I hope I get a chance to review the rest of the series as it comes out!
Thanks so much to Zondervan for sending me a review copy of this book.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN THIS BOOK?
Just tell me if you are a regular fantasy reader or not!
* BONUS ENTRIES*
For additional entries you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Follow this blog on google friend connect
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (as many times as you like without annoying all your followers!) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of my main blog on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Networked blogs on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or another social networking site of your choosing
- email a couple friends about this giveaway
- stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, mixx, kirtsy, or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway in any way on any site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in CANADA ONLY. I will choose a winner on August 18, 2010.
Winner will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.