About Amazing CowsFrom Sandra Boynton—as it could only come from Boynton—an inventive new exuberant jumble of a book for the young reader. Amazing Cows is a picture book, a storybook, a book of fun and games—it’s all those things in one. Plus it even shows you how to find the startling recording of Maurice Ravel’s “Bolero Completely Unraveled for Orchestra and Kazoos” performed by Sandra Boyton & The Highly Irritating Orchestra. (Running time is 17:14, but seems MUCH longer.)
A work of pure obsession, Amazing Cows celebrates cows and offbeat cowness with a miscellany of cow stories, cow poems, cow jokes, and other bovine ephemera. Along the way, expect lively guest appearances by ducks, pigs, and excessive numbers of chickens. There’s a song: "It Had to Be Moo." A game: "Find the Hidden Cows." Famous Barnyard Composers (surely you’ve heard of Wolfgang Amadeus Moozart and Johann Sebastian Bockbockbock). Knock-knock jokes, a cow myth, and an Amazing Cow comic-book adventure: "Trouble on Zebblor 7." Cow fashion. Cow Limericks. How to Speak Cow. Plus so much mooer.
Amazing Cows is full-color, 96 pages long, and packed with the kind of silly fun that young readers adore, especially when they can read it to themselves—and then read it to their parents, and then to their little brothers, and then to the family dog. Or the family cow.
We love this book! Amazing Cows is hilarious. I have been a fan of Sandra Boynton's books for years- I think we got our first one when Aiden was just a baby. This book is just plain fun. It is clever and entertaining, with bright and colourful illustrations. My sons both love Amazing Cows. Owen was thrilled to find some cow jokes to tell everyone. Both Aiden and Owen were able to read the book on their own with very little parental intervention. Olivia loved the illustrations and enjoyed listening to the stories.
Amazing Cows would make a great gift for any kid this Christmas!
Thanks so much to Workman Publishing for sending me a copy of this book to review and sponsoring this giveaway.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN A COPY OF THIS GREAT BOOK?
Just follow this blog on Google Friend Connect!
For additional entries (not required!) you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!...
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar - you need to verify your subscription for it to count!)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (up to 5 times per day) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of this blog on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Facebook Networked Blogs
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (you can do this once a day if you like) using the little facebook share button at the bottom of the post.
- blog this giveaway and leave me the link to your post
- email a few friends about this giveaway
- share, stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, mixx, kirtsy, buzz up or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway on any social networking site you like (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway on any contesting site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in Canada & the USA. I will choose a winner on December 23, 2010.
Winner will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.