Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cool Stuff 2.0 and How It Works


Book Description

Chris Woodford - Author
Jon Woodcock - Author
8 - 17 years
Take an eye-opening journey from the engine of a hydrogen-fuelled car, jump into the virtual world of Second Life, and scale the earthquake-proofed structure of the world's tallest office building. Cool Stuff 2.0 reveals the science behind every machine and gadget, and details when and how things were invented along the way. 

MY REVIEW

I think that Cool Stuff 2.0 is a fascinating book. While I was looking through it with the kids there were a lot of comments like " is this REAL?" and " I didn't know that" and "oh I want that!". Both of the boys (ages 7 & 8) were very interested in this book and have looked at it dozens of times on their own. It is packed full of interesting gadgets and great pictures. I asked the boys what they thought of it and here is what they said :

Aiden: I LOVE it! But it is kind of making me jealous of stuff ... like I want the cool stuff in the book.
Owen: It is awesome! I totally don't know how they get all that stuff though.


Thanks so much to DK Canada for sending me a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011