About the book First Love (October 1, 2010) $ 5.99
Josiah and Tara had enjoyed acting in their high school plays. They had also been each others first lover... in fact; most of the time they'd spent together had been in Tara's bed. When Josiah became a Christian, he left Tara to go to college and didn't look back.
Four years later, Josiah is back in town when his father has a near-fatal heart attack. When they meet up again they realize how much their separation had hurt each of them. But now Tara is a Christian and is trying to live a life that is pleasing to God.
Josiah wants Tara back, but neither knows how to relate to each other without the physical intimacy they once shared. They are determined to do things right this time, but find it more challenging than they'd anticipated.
I have loved all of Michelle's books but for some reason this one just really struck a cord with me... maybe it is because I share a name with the main character Tara, my son has the middle name Josiah and there is even an Autistic boy in the story named Aiden (just like my son!).
But honestly it was more than that. I thought the story seemed very natural and flowed so well. The characters were real and dealt with temptation and sin and God without any sugarcoating. Michelle always writes with vivid truth and I love that about her books. I am rather tired of the typical Christian romance where no one does anything wrong and everyone lives happily ever after and you know the ending right from the start... it gets old after awhile. First Love kept my attention right from the start and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the characters.
First Love is the second book in a series but it could easily be read as a stand-alone novel. If you like a good romance than you will enjoy this fabulous book!
And because Michelle is just so awesome she is offering up a free copy of First Love for one of my readers!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN THIS BOOK?
Just tell me if you have read any of Michelle Sutton's books yet! That's it!
* BONUS ENTRIES*
For additional entries you can do any of the following- be sure to LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each thing that you do!
- Subscribe to this blog via email (there is a handy link to do that on my sidebar)
- Subscribe to this blog via the reader of your choice
- Follow this blog on google friend connect
- Add my button to your site or add me to your blogroll and leave me a link.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (as many times as you like without annoying all your followers!) Use @Tarasview in your tweet if you would like me to retweet for you.
- Become a Fan of my main blog on Facebook
- Follow this blog on Networked blogs on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or another social networking site of your choosing
- email a couple friends about this giveaway
- stumble, digg, tag, bookmark, vote up, thumbs up, favourite, mixx, kirtsy, or anything else you can think to do for this site or giveaway (as many as you like- there is a "share" bar at the bottom of this post to make this easier)
- publicize this giveaway in any way on any site and let me know that you did (ex. adding it to a Mr. Linky on a giveaway site etc.)
This giveaway is open to readers in Canada and the USA. I will choose a winner on November 15, 2010.
Winner will be chosen with random.org and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or I will choose a new winner.